Hydrea 500Mg Capsule
Hydrea 500Mg Capsule is an oral medicene that is prescribed to patients suffering from chronic myelogenous leukemia, acute myelogenous leukemia, sickle-cell disease, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, and polycythemia vera. This Capsule slows down the growth of cancer cells in the body and can reduce the need for blood tranfusion. hydrea 500 mg comes as a capsule that is usually taken once in a day. But talk to the your doctor regarding the right dosage for you.
Common side effects of the Hydrea 500Mg Capsule drug are fever, loss of appetite, shortness of breath, headache, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, bone marrow suppression, psychiatric problems. Contact your doctor if you can notice any unusual symptoms such as dizziness, confusion, joint pain, seizures, tarry stools, sores in mouth and unusual bleeding.
how does medicine work?
Hydrea 500Mg Capsule is an antineoplastic agent. hydrea 500 mg tablets converts to a free radical and inhibits the entire DNA replicase complex, including ribonucleotide reductase and selectively inhibits DNA synthesis, while also inhibiting DNA repair mechanisms. This leads to death of neoplastic cells.
How Hydroxyurea Works:
Cancerous tumors are characterized by cell division, which is no longer controlled as it is in normal tissue. “Normal” cells stop to dividing when they come in to the contact with like cells, a mechanism known as per contact inhibition. Cancerous cells lose this ability. Cancer cells no longer have the normal checks or balances in place that control and limit cell division. The process of cell division, whether normal and cancerous cells, is through the cell cycle.
The ability of chemotherapy to the kill cancer cells depends on its ability to halt cell division. Usually, Hydrea 500Mg work by damaging the RNA or DNA that tells the cell how to copy itself in division. If the cells are unable to the divide, they die. The faster the cells are dividing, the more likely hydrea 500 mg online is that chemotherapy will kill the cells, causing the tumor to shrink. They also to be induce cell suicide .
Chemotherapy drugs that affect cells only the when they are dividing are called cell-cycle specific. Chemotherapy drugs that affect cells when they are at a rest are called cell-cycle non-specific. The scheduling of chemotherapy is set to based on the type of cells, rate at which they divide, and the time at which a given drug is likely to the be effective. This is why chemotherapy is typically given in cycles.
The missed dose of this medicine should be taken as soon as possible. Hydrea 500Mg is advisable to skip the missed dose if it is already the time for your next scheduled dose. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dose.
Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
What Hydroxyurea Is Used For:
- Chronic myeloid leukemia
- Essential thrombocytosis and polycythemia vera
- Head and neck cancer (used with radiation therapy)
- Refractory ovarian cancer (ovarian cancer that has not responded or progressed after standard therapy).
Note: If a hydrea 500 mg in usa has been approved for the one use, physicians may elect to use this same drug for the other problems if they believe it may be helpful.
How Hydroxyurea Is Given:
- Hydroxyurea is a pill and taken by mouth.
- Take Hydroxyurea exactly as a prescribed.
- Hydroxyurea may be dissolved in water.
- The amount of the Hydroxyurea that you will be receive depends on the many factors, including your height and weight, your general health and other health problems, and the type of cancer or condition being treated. Your doctor will determine your dose and schedule.
Important things to remember about the hydrea 500 mg side effects
- Most people do not experience all of the side effects listed.
- Side effects are often predictable in the terms of their onset and duration.
- Side effects are almost always reversible or will go to away after treatment is complete.
- There are many options to help minimize or prevent side effects.
- There is no relationship between the presence and severity of side effects and the effectiveness of medication.
- The side effects of the Hydroxyurea ortheir severity depend on how much of the drug is given. In other words, high doses may produce more the severe side effects.